Skip to main content

The Children's Speaking Parts for the 2016 Primary Program

ldsclipart.com
The children chose their themes and wrote their speaking parts, with some help from the Sharing Time manual and their parents.

Aiyana (6yo): October

Prayer is reverent communication between God and Me. I can pray to God, and he hears me. When I get scared I pray to God to keep me safe. At night I say my bedtime prayers. From reading scriptures, they have taught me how to pray. I have learned that God may not answer my prayers right away, but He does when the time is right. Through my prayers I have developed a strong bond with God. I love going to church whenever I can.

Cameron (10yo): June

The theme for the month of June was “The first principles and ordinances of the gospel make it possible for me to live with God again.” We talked about faith in Jesus Christ leads us to love Him, trust Him, and keep His commandments. The next week we learned that repentance brings forgiveness. On the third week, we talked about when we are baptized we make a covenant. On the fourth week, I learned that the Holy Ghost comforts me and guides me. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Gabe (my 3yo): September

The gospel will be preached in all the world. “This gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people” (D&C 133:37). I can be a missionary now by going to church and singing.

Caden (my 6yo): May

The Church of Jesus Christ has been restored. “I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!” (Joseph Smith—History 1:17)

Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon. He made the first temple. He got the priesthood and was baptized, and that makes me happy. The bad guys killed Joseph Smith, and I feel sad. I know he was a real prophet.

Honesty (7yo): June

My topic is “The first principles and ordinances of the gospel make it possible for me to live with God again.” The first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are 1) faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, 2) repentance, 3) baptism by immersion for the remission of sins, 4) laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

We need faith in Jesus Christ because it will help us love Him, trust Him, and learn to choose the right and keep the commandments. God said if we keep His commandments, we will be able to go up in heaven with Him.

Repentance is when you do something bad and make it right by saying sorry and not doing it again. We have to feel sorry for doing bad things so that we can choose the right and go to heaven and live with God someday. In Enos 1:5–8, it says: “Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee and thou shalt be blessed . . . because of thy faith in Christ . . . thy faith hath made thee whole.”

Baptism is when we get dunked under the water and all the bad stuff gets washed away. We make a covenant or promise with God to choose the right. Baptism is the gate that leads to eternal life.

After we are baptized, we are given the gift of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost gives us comfort and helps us do what we need to do and choose the right. He is a great friend that walks with us on the path back home to live with God.

Kaydin (4yo): November

Reverence is love and respect for God. When I say my prayers I am showing God how much I love Him. Also I am showing God that I have respect for Him. I also take part in sacrament, which is showing my love for God. 

Sharing Time: Which child's testimony touched you in your ward's/branch's Primary presentation?

Comments

DAD said…
OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES
Anonymous said…
It was precious when Gabe and Caden recited their parts for us on FaceTime last week.

Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Family Home Evening for Babies

ldsclipart.com Family home evening can sometimes be a challenge because we don't know what to do. This is especially true for those of us with only a baby. There are plenty of ideas for single members, couples, and families, but I have yet to find good suggestions for planning a family home evening lesson for a baby (not yet in Nursery). So I compiled my own list: Read gospel-related board books. They are short and introduce common scripture stories in a very simple manner. Read the scriptures. Elder Bednar said , "Youth of all ages, even infants, can and do respond to the distinctive spirit of the Book of Mormon. Children may not understand all of the words and stories, but they certainly can feel the 'familiar spirit' described by Isaiah ( Isaiah 29:4 ; see also 2 Nephi 26:16 )." Sing Primary songs together. There is no better way to invite the Spirit, teach basic gospel principles, and prepare your baby for Nursery and Primary. Sing inte

Why Bad Things Happen to Good People

The plan of salvation is very simple and, for the most part, easy to understand. We know that when we make mistakes we must suffer the negative consequences, and that is understandable and fair. But when terrible things happen to good and innocent people, it can be difficult to understand why God does not intervene. I have studied long and thoroughly for answers and have found the following: Agency Doctrine and Covenants 88:87-91 talks about the terribles calamaties that will happen in the Last Days, which we see all around us now. President Joseph Fielding Smith said concerning this : “It is not the will of the Lord that there should come upon the people disaster, trouble, calamity, and depression, . . . but because man himself will violate the commandments of God and will not walk in righteousness, the Lord permits all of these evils to come upon him. . . . “The Lord has made the declaration in our own day that it was his good pleasure to give to men the fulness of the ear

The Holy Grail

lds.org Ever wonder how the story of the Holy Grail began? Why people believed there was a cup from which they could drink and live forever? I did, and here is the answer. One day when Jesus was teaching the people, He said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. . . . I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and that bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. ( John 6:47, 51-54 ) The Jews' response shows they did not understand what Jesus meant. Then, before Jesus was crucified, He dined